• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT580SGF8BB No lights then after soft reboot it stops mid cycle

sillyburt

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT580SGF8BB
Brand
GE
GDT580SGF8BB No lights then after soft reboot it stops mid cycle

Lost power a few days ago and then noticed dishwasher had stopped mid cycle the during the next wash. No lights on user interface panel. Hard reset (press and hold the Cycle Select and Start buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds) ends up with all(most?) panel lights blinking and then Lock amber LED displayed. No codes shown in digital display. Pressing any other buttons does nothing. Unlocking lock button shuts the system back down.

Yesterday I managed somehow to get the panel to light back up and useable again (although after trying today I can’t seem to duplicate). We ran a cycle and all seemed good. I heard the soap dispenser drop the puck but some time afterwards I noticed the washer had stopped mid cycle.

Checking the control panel LED I’m getting 7X blinks every 3 secs. The Flood assy switch was replaced 5 months ago. Dishwasher is 5 yrs old

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, 7x per 3 seconds means the CSM has tripped. I'm attaching the documentation below that explains this and you will need to do the flowchart steps on Page 3 to determine what is causing the CSM to trip. Usually the cause is a leak or the heating element.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• TB07-15 GE GDF620HMJ0ES.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 3

sillyburt

Premium Member
Water leaks when running circulation cycle. It's hard for me to tell where it's coming from but from what I've seen already it may be 1)some type of gasket between the tub and pump or 2) if the tub is hemmed or welded or some other type of seal between the tub and the round opening it may be leaking there. More info tomorrow as other priorities took over

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Lots of the leaks comes from a bad diverter.

Here's the diverter assembly for your model:
WD19X25278 Diverter Asm Kit

This video below gives you the general idea of how to access it so you can check it for leaks:

Jake

sillyburt

Premium Member
Yes leaking from diverter (between diverter and pump). I couldn't see it the other day but today I saw a tiny stream shooting from the hose from diverter to circ pump. It was shooting upwards towards the bottom of tub and all I could see the other day was the dripping water coming back down so I though it was coming from the bottom of tub. Part ordered and awaiting delivery.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake