• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT635HSJ5SS control panel or heating element?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT635HSJ5SS
Brand
GE
My dishwasher shut down a few days ago. I did the CSM reset after searching other posts on this site and it gives 817 code. It ran successfully once after that and now when I reset it per the instructions it shuts down almost immediately after being set to run.

My main question is if there is a way to determine if it is the control board or the heating element as I would like to replace the right part the first time around if possible.

My issue seems similar to https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...l-shutting-down-replaced-control-board.84014/ this thread but not sure how to look up my serial number if it is part of the same batch of known bad heating elements?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shay

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Post the serial number of your dishwasher and I can look it up for you. The serial number is located on the model number tag, inside the door on the tub frame.

Yes, it sounds like you may need the heating element and control board per that service bulletin.

Jake

Shay

Premium Member
Serial number is TH704463B. So I would need to replace both? I ordered the heating element already. Should I just order both do you think? Thanks for the quick reply!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, your GE dishwasher was made in October of 2017. So yours does fall in range of the service bulletin--->(May 2015 April 2018).

Sorry, my bad, just the heating element, not both the control board and heating element.

REPAIR--->Replace the Heating Element:
Heating Element WD05X24776

Remember to disconnect power to your dishwasher first before replacing it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Shay

Premium Member
Part got here super fast and the installation wasn't too hard. Dishwasher is running now more than it did before the replacement so I am calling it fixed! Thanks again for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Shay, glad to hear the new heating element fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.