• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE dishwasher GDT655SFL3DS beeps 3 times randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel.welden

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SFL3DS
Brand
GE
I have a GE dishwasher model number GDT655SFL3DS. It will randomly beep 3 times (like the door is open) throughout the day, and when a cycle is finished, the green light that indicates its clean does not come on. After is beeps, and with the door closed, I will hold in the start and cycle select buttons, and I get steady lights, which I believe means that it is reading that the door is closed. It is still running fine, and the main circuit board is blinking once every 3 seconds. Any idea what would cause this? I would like to fix it before it just stops working. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Whenever it does random beeps when the dishwasher is not in use and no one is around it, its always the UI Board that is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the instructions to replace the UI Board below. Disconnect power to the dishwasher before you begin.

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Joel, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.