• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT655SGJ5BB randomly beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng5

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SGJ5BB
Brand
GE
Hi, new to the site. Love what you're doing.
I have a GDT655SGJ5BB GE dishwasher that is randomly beeping. It still functions but yesterday was the first time it lost power to the lights. Reset the breaker and it ran a cycle fine.

I found a few threads for other GE models and started some of the troubleshooting steps. My main control board looks different than the diagrams in other threads but its LED is blinking continuously when powered on (probably 1x/second, definitely not 1x/ 3 seconds). I went into error mode and the lights all flash with the door open. There was a code 817 (I think) and then when going into Consumer Error Mode the Lock LED was lit but nothing else was.

Looking for some help to diagnose. Is it a main control board or UI board issue? Or other problem causing the beeping?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, when it does random beeps when the dishwasher is not in use and no one is around it, the problem is always the UI Board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the instructions to replace the UI Board below. Disconnect power to the dishwasher before you begin.

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

ng5

Premium Member
Great. Thanks for the quick reply, fantastic service here. I've ordered the part and will replace.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake

ng5

Premium Member
Part installed, dishwasher functions with no beeping. Delay in posting due to long delivery delays. Thanks so much for the help in identifying the issue and pointing to the resources to fix it!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @ng5 glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.