• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT655SMJ0ES - No LED lights on Control Board - Can't detect 120v power at junction box

barrydingle

Model Number
GDT655SMJ0ES
Brand
GE
I've now replaced the control board on my GE GDT655SMJ0ES twice, and the second board just quit on me. There is no illuminated LED light, solid or flashing. This is the 3rd control board in this unit, and I'm ready to buy a new dishwasher instead of replacing again. After replacing the control board the first two times, I immediately regained function of my dishwasher. Not long after, the dishwasher will randomly make the door open chime.

I ensured the power outlet was powered. I checked the voltage to the black and white wires inside the dishwasher junction box. I couldn't detect any voltage, but I'm also inexperienced with a multimeter. Debating if I should replace the unit and end the frustration, or make another attempt at a repair.

Update: I ran an extension cable from another outlet in my living room to the dishwasher, and everything seems to be working normally. I tested the outlet with the garbage disposal and a vaccuum, both worked fine. Any thoughts on why the dishwasher wouldn't get power from the same outlet?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, disconnect power to the dishwasher and check the wire nuts that connect to your dishwasher, one or both may have become loose and its not making a good connection to the machine control board.

The machine control board 120 volts connection is on the other side, the metal side.:)

See it on the right side of this photo below? Coming off the two yellow wire nuts, I circled it in red.:)

J722.jpeg