• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE dishwasher GDT655SMJ0ES not working

Jfive

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SMJ0ES
Brand
GE
I have been having issues with my GE GDT655SMJ0ES dishwasher since August. In August I had a blank user interface and replaced it. It work for a while then the washer was telling door was not closed so I replaced the door latch and it did not fix it. So i replaced the control board and it worked for a while then the user interface went out again. I got it to work for a few months by turning the breaker on and off until came on. That quit working a few weeks ago.

I had a solid service light so i called the people i got the user board from and asked for a replacement but the guy insisted it was the control board instead so I agreed. Once installed the user lights came on and acted normal but it will not start. I get beeping and blinking as if the door was not closed. I also have a 2 times blinking service light which means unit is delay start which makes no sense.

The delay is not turned on. I tried multiple resets and breaker flips but everything remains the same. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Where are you getting your parts from?

The problem now is the machine control board is defective.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Jake

Jfive

Premium Member
I had no lights on user board before then I just installed the replacement control board and everything's working on user board but it will not start because it thinks the door is not closed. I had no issues with that before.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.