• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT655SMJ2ES electrical noise at end of cycle

deerheads

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SMJ2ES
Brand
GE
Just installed the dishwasher model: GDT655SMJ2ES and it's making a noise at the end. Opening the door stops it. Can't quite tell if noise is coming from top or bottom.

We bought this dishwasher 3 years ago and weren't able to install it until now. So it's a new machine but because it sat for so long I suspected something could be wrong with it.

Ran an empty load to clean it out first, and noise was there. Ran a load with just clean cups to further test it and noise was there again. Seems to be working ok otherwise...

Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• IMG_3060.MOV
    13.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
There's nothing on the video and no audio. Make a Youtube video and post that here.
it's making a noise at the end of the wash cycle.
After the wash cycle is the drain cycle. Check for something caught in the drain pump.

deerheads

Premium Member
I edited my post because I think I've worded it poorly. The noise happens once everything is totally finished and the timer countdown is at 0. I'm not sure if the machine is supposed to dry on it's own (didn't select the dry button) and it's a fan that is stuck or what is happening. When I open the dishwasher all water has drained out and just steam comes out.

Here's an imgur link of the noise
Hope this works

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

deerheads

Premium Member
I ran a cycle with the heat function on and with 45 minutes left it started making the noise again. I think it’s coming from the right hand side of the control panel area. Sounds like a whirring mechanical noise that was going up and down in pitch slightly at times. Hopefully YouTube video works

ddennis

Just installed the dishwasher model: GDT655SMJ2ES and it's making a noise at the end. Opening the door stops it. Can't quite tell if noise is coming from top or bottom.

We bought this dishwasher 3 years ago and weren't able to install it until now. So it's a new machine but because it sat for so long I suspected something could be wrong with it.

Ran an empty load to clean it out first, and noise was there. Ran a load with just clean cups to further test it and noise was there again. Seems to be working ok otherwise...

Thanks for any help!!
Did you find out what this noise was? My same model is cleaning ok, but after cycle ends there is like a fan noise still going. If I open the door, it stops. I only use the "no heat" dry, not the dry cycle.