• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT655SSJ0SS: Needing breaker reset often

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbowman

Premium Member
Interesting. I wonder why they would manufacture them that way. Guess it’s cheaper to hard wire the original board vs use the jumper set up. Let’s hope the jumper set up is less fragile and more reliable.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I would agree with you on that.

Let’s hope the jumper set up is less fragile and more reliable.
Yes, its much better than the original UI Board.

Jake

dbowman

Premium Member
You’d think that when you pay for a top-of-the-line Profile dishwasher you’d get the good stuff from the factory and the replacement parts would maybe buy you another year or two on the tail end - not the other way around.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I agree completely.

Jake

glweeks

Premium Member
Ok I am having the same issue and ordered the UI board. Started on the repair today but I am unable to get the door balance cables loose. I am putting a lot of upward pressure to get them up but they are not coming up high enough to come forward. I am using a decent size allen wrench but am afraid of breaking something. Any tips? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Make sure the door is closed when you remove the door cables.

Use more upward pressure. Don't worry you won't break them.:)

Jake

glweeks

Premium Member
Hmm. I must be doing something wrong..I am really putting pressure on them and they arent going..to the point I put mechanics padded gloves because the allen wrench was jamming into my hand so badly. I tried to slide the dishwasher out a little to see if I could get a better position but it wouldnt budge and I am not sure how it would be attached. We have quartz countertops so not sure where it would be bolted/screwed in to.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

glweeks

Premium Member
Hey Jake. I went and purchased a hook and pick set and with the correct tool it was no problem.
Now here is my next problem lol. I replaced the UI module and set the jumpers per the chart put it all back together ..and the buttons are not activating the correct functions. Example when I hit the wash zones button it is changing between steam sani etc. I am guessing it is the jumper configuration I chose. Before I tear it back apart I wanted to verify that with you, in case i missed something else along the way. Thanks for all the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I went and purchased a hook and pick set and with the correct tool it was no problem.
Excellent.(y)

Take a photo of how you set the jumpers and I will tell you if its correct or not.

Jake

glweeks

Premium Member
Hey Jake. I saw it as soon as I pulled it apart. I had moved the one jumper down thinking the others were already correctly placed. This time I pulled off all four reinstalled and it works perfectly. Thanks for all the help. I would not have attempted it without your and this forums help. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy and Blessed New Year.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @glweeks glad to hear you got the jumpers set properly now and its working great again with the new UI Board.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas too, Happy New Year!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.