• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT655SSJ0SS won't start/door open

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndill

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
There are clearly tons of issues with this dishwasher, but I haven't been able to find a thread in this forum that describes exactly what I'm experiencing.

First off, it won't start. I press the 'Start' button and it chirps at me three times and the door LED flashes yellow like I opened the door mid cycle.

Based on information I found here, I enter "Error Mode" by pressing 'Start' and 'Cycle Select' for five seconds. All the lights begin flashing, indicating that it thinks the door is open. As far as I can tell, the door is closed.

I disassembled things and accessed the Machine Control Board to check the Service LED. It's solid off.

My questions are:
  1. How would I get the Service LED to flash? Should it be flashing by default or do I should I enter "Service Mode" or hit another combination of keys?
  2. If the service LED should be flashing by default and is indeed in the Solid Off state, the instructions say to check control voltages and replace the machine control board. How do I do that? I'm not a good with the multimeter, so I need detailed instructions.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If your dishwasher is chirping at you and the LED flashes yellow, that means you have power to the dishwasher, so don't worry about checking voltage to the machine control board.

--->If the STATUS LED on the machine control board is STEADY OFF, that means the machine control board is bad.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Normal is--->1x per 3 seconds--->Dishwasher is not running a cycle, select a cycle and press Start.

Jake

ndill

Premium Member
Just checking in to let you know replacing the machine control did the trick. Thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @ndill glad to hear the new machine control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.