• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT655SSJ2SS - lights on my control board suddenly stopped working and the dishwasher would not function.

Ballou711

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
I just replaced the Ui Board WD21X32000 on my GE GDT655SSJ2SS Dishwasher and it did not fix the issue.

I ran into the same issue that other members have posted about in the forum - The lights on my control board suddenly stopped working and the dishwasher would not function.

I followed the steps I found in other threads: Checked the service LED which was continuously lit. Checked the DC Voltage at the main control board (Blue/Yellow & Black/Green wires) and found 14VDC.

Based on what I read elsewhere those troubleshooting steps implied that I needed to replace my Ui Board WD21X32000. I purchased a new control board (says it is already configured) but it did not come with configuration instructions to set the personality so I wonder if perhaps it is not configured correctly. Does anyone have instructions on how to correctly set the UI board personality?

If that does not work does anyone have additional troubleshooting steps? Perhaps there is an issue with the wiring harness?

Ballou711

Premium Member
Uggg I just realized that I probably ordered the wrong part number. That is perplexing to me as I only ever searched for the part number WD21X32000 yet I somehow ended up with the part number WD21X35728. Is it possible to reprogram this UI board to be compatible with my dishwasher?

Ballou711

Premium Member
Okay, so I answered my own question here. I compared the two boards visually and they are obviously different. I have now ordered the correct part.

I have a new question though. The replacement board I ordered did not come with the jumper kit and I worry that the new correct board I just ordered will not come with one either. Is there somewhere that I can purchase such a kit or is there some alternative option I can utilize to correctly set the personality without such a kit?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the UI Board for your model(Video Included):

Yes, the instructions to set the personality jumpers come with it.:)

I don't know where you got WD21X35728 from, but nothing pulls up for that part number.

Jake

Ballou711

Premium Member
I am not sure how I found that part either, I only ever searched using my model number.

That said, if the new piece I ordered (as was the case with the incorrect part I ordered) does not come with the personality jumper kit, is that something I can order separately?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
if the new piece I ordered (as was the case with the incorrect part I ordered) does not come with the personality jumper kit, is that something I can order separately?
Not that I'm aware of.

Not ALL new UI Boards come with personality jumpers, if the UI Board you order comes with jumpers, instructions will come with it to set the jumpers.

Jake

Cha_cha215

I could be wrong here but I’m currently experiencing the same issue and I’ve read that the solid green light on the main board would indicate a bad board and the blinking green light would indicate that the main board is communicating with the ui board.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have the exact same model number GDT655SSJ2SS? Please make sure you do.

The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.