• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT655SSJ2SS. UI doesn't light up, control panel light solid green, replaced both control panel and UI

Arghh

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
GE Dishwasher GDT655SSJ2SS. UI doesn't light up, control panel light solid green, replaced both control panel and UI

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean you replaced the machine control board underneath the dishwasher and the UI board at the top of the dishwasher door?

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Did you set the personality jumpers per the instructions that came with the new UI Board?

You will need a multimeter to check for 13.5 Volts DC.

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Connector J722 is located on the metal casing side of the main control board.

J722.jpeg

It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.:)

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Arghh

Premium Member
Ok, I didn't set the personality so I took it apart and set personality and put back together and plugged in and now I have power to controls but select button doesn't work the different cycles and I can't get it to start

Arghh

Premium Member
Ok, I didn't set the personality so I took it apart and set personality and put back together and plugged in and now I have power to controls but select button doesn't work the different cycles and I can't get it to start
Green light blinks slowly now

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Green light blinks slowly now
Green light on the machine control board underneath the dishwasher? If so in what sequence? 1x per 3 seconds? 2x per 3 seconds?

Like I mentioned above--->You will need a multimeter to check for 13.5 Volts DC.

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Jake

Arghh

Premium Member
Ok, the output measures around 13.77. The green light flash's 1x every 3 seconds. I Have some power at start and select cycle buttons, they just don't seem to be operating right maybe the personality is wrong? The page calls for 11 so that's what I set.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have the jumpers set just like the photo below?

jumpers.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, the output measures around 13.77. The green light flash's 1x every 3 seconds. I Have some power at start and select cycle buttons, they just don't seem to be operating right maybe the personality is wrong?
Yes, jumpers set as pictured.
Do all the buttons respond when you press them?

You will need to ohm test the door latch switch to determine if its bad.

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

Arghh

Premium Member
Not all buttons respond, select cycle button only lights up lower light. Start button only beeps when pressing, no lights.
tested continuity and didn't get any reading on 3 & 4 opened or closed and only got a reading on 4 & 5 when the door was closed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Pin 3 to Pin 4 you should have continuity when the door is closed. Then Pin 3 to Pin 5 same thing, you should have continuity when the door is closed.

If your meter leads are too big use this safety pin trick:
safety pin 500x250.jpg

If the door latch switch ohms good with the door closed, then it has to be a faulty UI Board or the door wire harness.

Check your door wire harness to see if its shorting out, look for bad spots on it, look for any metal pins that have backed out of either side of the connectors that connect to the machine control board and UI Board.

Here's the door wire harness for your model:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.