• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT665SSN0SS pushed start the got beeps but does not start

sbbi98

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT665SSN0SS
Brand
GE
Hi Jake,

When I push the Start button on my GE Dishwasher GDT665SSN0SS, it beeps 3 times but does not start. I have already ordered and replaced the control board (CONFIGURED TOP UI CONTROL WITH COVER WD21X25371), but still am having the same issue.

When the door is open, and I press the Start and Select Cycle at the same time for a few seconds, all lights are flashing.
When the door is close, and I press the Start and Select Cycle at the same time for a few seconds, all lights are solid on. So I understand that the door sensor is good?
After 10 seconds, the lock light illuminates (solid) and the LED displays '0' (solid)
Then I press Select Cycle for 5 seconds, it enters Service Mode (according to https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...hts-up-but-wont-start-cycle.84510/post-432694 ), I check the number 1 through 8 by pressing Select Cycle and then Start, I do not feel anything abnormal (not very sure though I am not professional)

Could you pleasssse advise? this is very annoying and has puzzled and haunted me for a few weeks.

Thanks so much,
Alvin

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Alvin,

When the door is open, and I press the Start and Select Cycle at the same time for a few seconds, all lights are flashing.
When the door is close, and I press the Start and Select Cycle at the same time for a few seconds, all lights are solid on. So I understand that the door sensor is good?
That is correct, your door latch switch assembly(sensor) is good.

Then only part it could be at this point is the machine control board underneath the dishwasher.

Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X27998

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

sbbi98

Premium Member
Hi Jake, I took 3 videos. The 1st one is after I pressed the start button. the 3 beep sound is different from I heard in this YouTube so I am unsure this is the same issue (control board)

The 2nd video is after I pressed both select and start buttons. The 3rd video is I long pressed the select button and entered the Service Mode.

Could you pls take a look and advise?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.MOV
    38.2 MB
  • IMG_1939.MOV
    8.2 MB
  • IMG_1945.MOV
    17.4 MB

sbbi98

Premium Member
In addition to that the sound is different, I noticed that when I press the start button the front amber light is not on or flashing. It is different from what I saw in the YouTube.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes thanks, I saw the videos.

I check the number 1 through 8 by pressing Select Cycle and then Start, I do not feel anything abnormal (not very sure though I am not professional)

Consumer Error Mode first on page 45 in the service manual, was the door closed?

Then on page 47 get into SERVICE MODE The dishwasher must be in Consumer Error Mode to enter Service Mode. Was the door closed for SERVICE MODE too?

Then on Page 48 Do--->CSM Diagnostics
The CSM and Heater may be tested by running test 7 in Service Mode.

Jake

sbbi98

Premium Member
Yes thanks, I saw the videos.

Consumer Error Mode first on page 45 in the service manual, was the door closed?
I do not think so. I can try again with door closed tomorrow
Then on page 47 get into SERVICE MODE The dishwasher must be in Consumer Error Mode to enter Service Mode. Was the door closed for SERVICE MODE too?
Yes
Then on Page 48 Do--->CSM Diagnostics
The CSM and Heater may be tested by running test 7 in Service Mode.

Jake
Could you pls upload the service manual or post the link here.

What is CSM?

So you still think this is the control board issue? Or door latch sensor issue?

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.