• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT665SSN2SS Intermittent Cycle Stopping/Shutdown error code 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallax314

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT665SSN2SS
Brand
GE
Hello,

I've had intermittent issues with my GE dishwasher. At first, the dishwasher would stop randomly through the cycle or complete the cycle.

I then started looking here (thanks for all the info!) and cleaned out the filters/sensors and used service mode to test all the functions. All the functions work as expected.

However, now, when I try to start a cycle, the dishwasher tries to pump out the sump and even though it's dry, it never moves on. I think it just shuts down after a specified time. When I go back into error mode, I see "56" on the display. I then try to start another cycle and interrupt it, and the error code says "0" on the display after going back into error mode.

Is there still more junk on the pressure sensor? It's hard to clean in place (can't see it in place).

Does the pressure sensor need to be replaced? In service mode during filling, it fills and stops at the seemingly correct depth (bottom pan has a shallow pool). Does this mean that the pressure sensor is working (not overfilling)?

Is it the control board?

Thank you for any insight!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, pull the pressure sensor out and clean it.

Look at my post #3 here:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

parallax314

Premium Member
Thank you! I was able to successfully take it out and clean it without even needing to pully the whole machine out. I could access the pressure sensor from just removing the toe-plate.

It was quite dirty/clogged, but when I restarted the dishwasher, it still has the same behavior of pumping out long after the sump was empty, and then just halting the cycle. In error code mode, it still showed "56" as the error.

Is it possible the pressure sensor just needs to be replaced?

Thank you for your consideration and support!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the pressure sensor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.