• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT695SGJ0BB - replacement UI/control board dies after a week

matt_sutton

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SGJ0BB
Brand
GE
I own a 5 year old GE GDT695SGJ0BB dishwasher and recently experienced the loss of control panel button response/lights described and well covered in many of the previous posts. Per the advice given in those posts, I checked the main control board and saw the green solid LED indicating a loss of communication with the UI control logic board, so I replaced the UI control logic board with WD21X23462 from my local Appliance Parts Company. Installed new board and had a working dishwasher again. Only after the fact did I realize the replacement UI logic board was not the newer (?) version with the configurable personalities via the jumper pins.

After a few days I started experiencing the random beeping tones that have also been described in these forums, and two days ago the dishwasher ceased working again. Same symptoms (no button response or lights at the control panel, solid green LED on the main board). So my question is: was this a lemon control UI board? Will the newer (?) version fix the problem? Or is there something else going on here that will likely damage any new part put into the machine.

Other than this problem, have only had a few minor quibbles with the machine so would like to keep it alive a few more years if possible...

Any insights are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Matt

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Matt, you got a LEMON UI Board, because all the new UI Boards come with the new personality jumpers and instructions on how to set them per your model number.

We need the complete model number of your dishwasher. The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

matt_sutton

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Sorry - GDT695SGJ0BB.

So - in your opinion - there shouldn't be any 'upstream' problems that might be a root cause? The newer version of the UI board (with the jumpers) should be a good fix?

Thanks.

Matt

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

matt_sutton

Premium Member
Updating this thread with final (??) conclusions here...

New-new UI board fixed the problem for about 8 weeks. Now dishwasher will not start because it does not recognize a closed door. Sigh. Giving up on GE.... time for a new dishwasher I'm afraid.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Matt, Glad to hear the new replacement UI Board fixed it.(y)

Yes, GE has many problems with these dishwashers, now you have either a door latch switch issue or machine control board issue causing it not to sense the door being closed.

To determine which part is bad--->You can ohm test the door latch switch to determine if its bad first. But 9 times out of 10 times the problem is the machine control board.

Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find if you decide to repair it. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake