• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT695SGJ2BB, does not drain or wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjack53

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SGJ2BB
Brand
GE
My GE GDT695SGJ2BB dishwasher will fill with water based on the appropriate level but there is no action for the remainder of the cycle. The circulation pump never seems to turn on and, if I cancel the wash, the drain pump does not remove the water.
I've entered into the Consumer Error Mode to insure no flagged errors and then entered Service Mode to cycle through the functions (by pressing the Cycle Select then Start to start each test). The findings:
1. Drain pump does not attempt to drain​
2. Water Value fills water to the appropriate level​
3. Circulation Pump does not run​
4. Heater element did not appear to turn on​
5. Detergent module door opens. however, can't really tell if additional activity occurs​
6. Internal fan kicks on.​
After the above testing, I manually drained the dishwasher (with shop vac) and checked the filters for any clogged elements. I then removed both the drain pump and the circulation pump to inspect for any foreign obstructions.
During that time, i also exposed the main control board for later viewing of the Service LED. After putting everything back together, I restored the power. The service LED blinked once every 3 seconds to signify dishwasher was in the proper state.
I pressed the Start button with the door open and got 2 blinks; later went to 3 blinks when I closed the door. The cycle started and the dishwasher filled with water again and I let the cycle continue to the end. I still noted that throughout the cycle, the circulation pump did not work and washing did not occur.
At the need of the cycle, the top control panel signified the Clean light and the Service LED, as expected, flashed 5blinks until I opened the door. Once the door was opened, I noted again the standing water in the dishwasher.

I'd appreciate any additional suggestions for investigation.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
GDT695SJ2BB does not pull up as good, please recheck it. Read it from the model number tag on the machine, its located inside the door on the tub frame.

Jake

bjack53

Premium Member
Hello Jake,
Thanks for the quick follow-up. I am indeed missing a letter. The model number is GDT695SGJ2BB

Attachments

• 20220219_213616.jpg
    20220219_213616.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 37

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7/view?usp=sharing

Page 55 is the No Circulation Flow Chart
Page 66 is the DRAIN MOTOR FLOW CHART

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Circulation Pump will not run--->Access main control, place dishwasher in service mode, check for 120 Volts AC on connector J702 Pin 2(YB) to Pin 3(CR) there is a misprint, it should be connector J703 not J702.

Circulation Motor Fuse
A circulation pump motor fuse is located on the main control board. If found open while testing for no circulation pump operation, the main control and circulation pump must be replaced.

If 120 VAC is not volts at MC J703-2 to J703-3, check the fuse at the points shown in the below illustration. If an open circuit is seen, replace the main control and circulation pump.

Here's the circulation pump(wash motor) for your model:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok bjack sounds good, yes let us know.:)

Jake

bjack53

Premium Member
No voltage, while in appropriate service more, when checking J703-2 to J703-3. I've placed an order for a new main control board. Will update when the board arrives next week.
-Bjack

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

bjack53

Premium Member
I have a final update. After confirming no voltage on MC J703-2 to J703-3 and testing "open" on the circulation pump fuse, i replaced both the main control board and the circulation pump as recommended. The dishwasher is now fully operational :)
Thanks for the documentation and the help through the process, Jake.
-Bjack

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Bjack, glad to hear the new main control board and the circulation pump fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.