• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT695SMJ0ES - Won't Start - Checked Control Panel LED

NerdoErdo87

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SMJ0ES
Brand
GE
I tried running a wash cycle with my dishwasher and everything seemed like it started up like normal as far as the display goes. After about 10 minutes I didn't hear it running so came back to check and the "Time Left" display kept changing from 110 to 112 minutes remaining but nothing was running. I cancelled the cycle and tried running it again and the same thing happened. I cancelled a third time and tried running it and the orange display light was flashing indicating that the door wasn't shut. I tried unplugging the dishwasher and turning the circuit breaker off to reset it but it did the same flashing orange light.

I put it into "Consumer Error Mode" and all the lights blinked when the door was open or closed which seems to indicate that it can't detect the door being closed.

I just popped the control panel off and it is flashing green every second. Does that indicate that "Communications lost between control boards. Check connections, replace UI or MC as needed"??

- Video of control panel blinking

Does it sound like I need to replace the Control Panel?

Last edited:

NerdoErdo87

Premium Member
UPDATE:

After putting the bottom compartment and control panel back together it seems the dishwasher now works. I have unplugged and turned off the power multiple times before this with no luck. I turned off the circuit breaker when exposing and putting the control panel back together.

Did I just get lucky and have it start working again after disconnecting the power this time? Was something loose down there that I fixed while playing with the control panel?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I need to see your video in your 1st post, it says Private, please make it Public so I can see it. Thanks!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks! That looks like its blinking 1x per 3 seconds in the video.

1x per 3 seconds would mean--->Dishwasher is not running a cycle, select a cycle and press Start.

Its either you have a bad door latch switch or a bad machine control board.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

To Verify the door latch switch is good--->Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

NerdoErdo87

Premium Member
Thanks for the response Jake. I don't have the technical knowledge to test the ohms but I did the Consumer Error test and all the lights flash and continue to flash when I close the door which would indicate the door latch switch needs to be replaced right?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Not always, because a bad machine control board can cause the door latch not to register to the control board that the door is closed.

So if you not able to ohm test, then I'd order both to be on the safe side.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.