• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT695SSJ0SS has power but not responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azbronco

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
I have a 4 year old GE dishwasher, model GDT695SSJ0SS, which began intermittently beeping/chiming, even when not in use. On some occasions it would be unresponsive as though the dishwasher was dead. We unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to temporarily fix the issue, at least long enough to run a cycle. However, it would return to beeping/chiming. It eventually died and would not respond to any pushes of the buttons.

I verified power to the plug outlet and have checked the wire nuts on the power box under the washer. I replaced the control board and the LED shows steady green, indicating power, however, there is no display or response on the push button on the top panel. I have held the "select cycle and start button for 10+ seconds, with no response. I am at a loss and do not know what else I can do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I replaced the control board
You need to set the personality jumper on the new board. Did your new board come with instructions?
D-GE control board status led.jpg

rickgburton

Staff member
Each board is different. Look on the old board. I believe it goes by model number. Where did you get the board?

Azbronco

Premium Member
Each board is different. Look on the old board. I believe it goes by model number. Where did you get the board?
It is identical to the board I removed and does look to be a genuine GE product. I will take a look at the old board for reference. I did find a diagram on this forum. I'll check to see if it is correct.

Attachments

• 1605287060396.png
    1605287060396.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

rickgburton

Staff member
It is identical to the board I removed
It's identical to every model that uses that board. It's the personality jumpers that make it work for each model . It does go by model number. GDT695 is personality 10 Use the jumper diagram.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait, when the STATUS LED is STEADY ON it usually means the UI Board is the problem, and that comes with instructions to set the jumpers.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can verify that here:

If the STATUS LED on the machine control board is STEADY ON--->UI personality not set, communications lost between UI and MC

Is all the connections in place on the new control board? If so, the UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 VDC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
--->Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control
On that main control board the personality has been set at the factory.:)

Jake

Azbronco

Premium Member
You can verify that here:

If the STATUS LED on the machine control board is STEADY ON--->UI personality not set, communications lost between UI and MC

Is all the connections in place on the new control board? If so, the UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 VDC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

View attachment 54207
Yes, all the connections are in place. I have no idea where the UI board is. I'll check for references.

Azbronco

Premium Member
Weird. I checked the control board that I removed and there is no jumper pins.

Attachments

• 76F7FD29-4FF1-483C-B80B-8DED9370CE06.jpeg
    76F7FD29-4FF1-483C-B80B-8DED9370CE06.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 28

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the main control board does not have jumpers you set, they are set at the factory.

Now, the new UI Board will have instructions to set the jumpers, the UI Board is the board at the top of the door where you press the buttons to set the cycles and start the machine.:)

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the service manual instructions for your exact model:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jim, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.