• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT695SSJ0SS soap residue on door

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyO

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Hi all, my washer just developed this issue in the last few days. I've cleaned the filter screen at the bottom of the wash tub and verified both spray arms are turning freely. The door of the soap dispenser is opened and I reran the cycle and confirmed that the residues is not washed away on a second cycle so I do not suspect an issue with that door. I opened the door during an early part of the cycle and verified the tub was full of water and the bottom arm was
turning. I don't know if the top arm was supposed to be turning during that time or not. If happens on both light wash and normal wash when I have both top and bottom zones selected for cleaning, nothing else selected. When I ran the cycle with top zone only, I opened the door a few times, but couldn't ever see the top arm turning, I could hear a sound like a computer fan maybe. Any ideas on where to look for this?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Remove the diverter and see if you have a clog in it prevent the top arm from moving.

Here's the diverter assembly for your model:
WD19X25278 Diverter Asm Kit

This video below gives you the general idea of how to access it:

Jake

TonyO

Premium Member
I pulled the diverter, no sign of any blockage, the ball was moving freely. When I put it back together, the diverter went in a lot easier than it came out and now I have a leak when the dishwasher starts to fill right from the center of the machine. I'm going to have to pull it all apart and check for leaks and torn hoses, but where to check next for the upper spray arm not working?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tony, Check the water line supply tube that goes up to the upper spray arm for any blockage.

Jake

TonyO

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I pulled the supply tube and the upper spray arm, I could see no clogs and I could blow through both very easily. I'm going to tackle the leak now, but I'm open to hear your next thought.

Thanks,
Tony

TonyO

Premium Member
Hi Jake, I found an repaired the leak, but I cannot get the top rack reinstalled, the bearings keep popping out all the plastic bb's when I try to slide it in. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Tony

TonyO

Premium Member
Put everything back in except the top rack and ran a light cycle ,there is water shooting out of the place where the top rack would connect now. Not sure if all the messing around fixed something or what. Can you assist me in getting the top rack re-installed and then I can run a regular cycle with some soap and see if the problem is resolved.
Thanks, Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

TonyO

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, the reinstall procedure looks straightforward and the video I found looks straightforward but I cannot seem to guide it onto the rails without popping off the little bearings from the tracks. I wonder if I need to order new tracks now since they've been pretty beat up by all the attempts and replacing all the little plastic BB's.

Tony

TonyO

Premium Member
I figured out to replace the top rack I had to stretch the rack laterally to get it to fit on the rails and got it installed and ran a light cycle. After completion of the cycle, the inside was very hot, even though I did not have heated dry turned on and there was no evidence that any water had been sprayed in the interior. The gel soap was just draining out of the dispenser. This is very odd, since I had seen water shooting out of the supply tube when I didn't have the rack installed and I can blow freely through all the tubing on the top rack. When I was listening to the initial stages of the cycle, it didn't seem like the water pump was coming on at all. Why the difference or the intermittent issue? The only difference is that I installed the top rack that I know of.

Tony

TonyO

Premium Member
I thought maybe it had just lost its mind and needed a reboot, so I unplugged it for 1.75 hours and then plugged it back in and started a light cycle again. Water fills and then I hear the occasional clicking of relays but no sounds of pump motors. Water occasionally drains and refills and then the cycle completes with the tub quite hot even though I don't have heated dry selected. The detergent remains on the door and I never hear the pump turn on or water sloshing in the tub. I don't have the toe kick and its insulation installed, so I should hear this. let me know what you think. Thanks,

Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tony, glad you got the upper rack back in place.(y)

Now it does sound like you have a issue with the circulation(wash) motor.

In the service manual I posted in post #8--->Do this--->No Circulation Flow Chart on Page 55.

Here's the circulation pump(wash motor) for your model:

Jake

TonyO

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
I went through the troubleshooting. The pump circulation kicked on in service mode for about 20 seconds and then kicked off and I could not get it to restart no matter what I tried included several attempts
at unplugging the unit. Although I didn't try to let it sit for more than a few minutes. Wiring harness is good and the fuse tested good. At this point the service manual says replace the pump, but I just wanted to confirm with you that this should be the correct course since it did kick on at the beginning of the service manual testing after sitting for a few days.
Thanks,

Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Tony, that's the problem is the circulation pump.

Jake

TonyO

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I ordered the part you pointed out. AppliancePartsPro website says it is not compatible with my model, but another website says it is, so I went with it.
Thanks for all your help.

Tony

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

TonyO

Premium Member
Hi Jake, That's the one I used and found the match. Fingers crossed. I tried to read the QR code from the part itself but for some reason my phone wouldn't read it.

Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tony, that is the one for your model, I'm 100% sure.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

TonyO

Premium Member
Got the pump installed, replaced the rail on the top rack and everything is working fine now. Thanks a lot for all your help Jake!

Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Tony, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.