• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT695SSJ0SS will not start a cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ws2753

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE dishwasher GDT695SSJ0SS that I was previously able to reset by powering off, then powering back on after a couple minutes. Recently it will not start a cycle. Lights come on, select what you want, but when the door is closed, it just flashes orange and beeps 3x's every minute. Tried all the reset items I could find on line with no resolution. Did I buy an expensive boat anchor??? Is it the door latch or is it the control board? Also what are the part numbers and approximate cost.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Check your machine control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

ws2753

Premium Member
Thank you, I will get to look at this after Easter and will certainly get back to you. Thanks for the quick response.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, yes let us know.

Jake

ws2753

Premium Member
Finally got back home. I have the board visible, but I see nothing flashing or steady on. I looked in the vicinity of the diagram posted around the board, still not lit led. Looked when I powered back up, set cycle and start, door open and closed??? Any suggestions.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, If the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, that indicates the machine control board is bad.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Jake

ws2753

Premium Member
Received the new control board today and finished installing it. I now have a working dishwasher. I want to thank you for all the assistance you have provided. This forum is one of the best I have ever found. I will always share my experience with others who have appliance issues. To share your knowledge and not expect something in return is what I have always lived by, but rarely see these days.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @ws2753 glad to hear the new machine control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update and nice compliments!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.