• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE dishwasher GDT695SSJ0SS Won’t start

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicorn

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
My GE dishwasher model GDT695SSJ0SS won’t start. It allows me to choose any cycle, when I press start the orange light comes on and it beeps once, but it doesn’t start and the timer doesn’t count down.

Pressing select and start causes all lights to come on steady and the display reads 815. Pressing select again makes the lnormal light and the orange light blink once every two seconds steadily. After a while it plays the I’m Done jingle like it finished it’s cycle and goes back to regular lights for selecting a new cycle.

I have turned off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds (my dishwasher does not unplug, it is hardwired). The control panel stayed lit up. Does it have backup power? My refrigerator is on the same breaker so I don’t want to leave it off for long. I’m not sure how else to turn it off. Any thought on that and what the fix for not starting might be?

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Check your machine control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have turned off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds (my dishwasher does not unplug, it is hardwired). The control panel stayed lit up. Does it have backup power?
There is no battery back up, so you must be turning off the wrong breaker.

Jake

alicorn

Premium Member
I found the breaker and turned it off for half an hour. Now when I press the start button it beeps three times and the orange light flashes with the beeps.

The control board led is steady off.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, If the STATUS LED on the machine control board is STEADY OFF, that means the machine control board is bad.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent alicorn, glad to hear the new machine control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.