• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT695SSJ0SS - won't start cycle (beeps 3x); service LED not on at all?

rawwwwb

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Hi!

I have a GE GDT695SSJ0SS that stopped working overnight; the control panel at the top works and all buttons are fine, but when starting a cycle and closing the door, it will beep three times and not start — as if the door isn't closed. I did look at the latch and the plastic doesn't seem to be broken, and it does lock into place fine as I open and close the door.

Thanks to seeing all of the posts by @Jake, I did enter Consumer Entry Mode. All lights were blinking the first 10 seconds, even after closing the door (the controls are on top) so it might not be seeing the door as closed? None were solid. After this, no issues/LEDs were lit except the 'locked' one, which seems to be normal looking at the service guide.

I did also drop the control box and look at the board (attached), but even after disconnecting power at the breaker and turning it back on, I absolutely don't see any lights for the Service LED -- none blinking, steady, or anything, just off. All of the lights at the top of the dishwasher (controls) are working fine though, is this possible? Maybe the board needs to be replaced? I even tried to run a cycle and after the three beeps look at it again and there's still no lights/activity down there.

Thanks for any help! Been looking at this for a couple of hours now.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_6240.jpg
    IMG_6240.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 57

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Rob, If the STATUS LED on the machine control board is STEADY OFF, that indicates the machine control board is bad.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Jake

rawwwwb

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake! Will order from your link.

Question - does this part just fail randomly, or is there a particular reason? I didn’t see anything that would indicate water damage, and the machine is brand new and slightly under two years old so it’s not too old. I do use it pretty heavily though every day. Just wasn’t sure if there’s something I should be doing to prevent this from happening again or if it was just random.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a good question, but I don't know why they fail, but if you do a search in our forum for: WD21X24901 you will see hundreds of these that have failed over that past few years.

The replacement one you order seems to be built much better and holds up much longer.

I don't remember seeing another member here have to replace two of these control boards within 5-10 years of each other.

Jake