• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher GDT695SSJ2SS front panel no lights

ZSchneider

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
@Jake I followed all steps in this thread:

and others for the GDT695SSJ2SS. I set the personality, which didn't look like the setting I saw in a different thread for the GDT695. After putting everything back together the control board was blinking 7x, so I reset the CSM by going to error mode. After that the control board was blinking 1x but the power showed on the UI. I attempted to run the dishwasher and it stopped after 20 minutes. I'm not sure what else I may need to do.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, like I mentioned in that other thread--->The UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue. If 13.5 Volts DC is found here, then the UI Board is the problem.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

So you are getting 13.5 to 14.0 volts DC from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue? If not, reset the CSM again and check.

Sounds like you have a different issue.

You have already replaced the UI Board and/or the machine control board underneath the dishwasher?

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Jake

ZSchneider

Premium Member
Hey Jake,

Before disconnecting everything right now I was getting a constant flashing.

I am showing 14.0V DC between pin 2 and pin 5.

After reconnecting the wiring the control board now blinks 7x. According to the manual that means the CSM is tripped. I went through error mode to service mode and then exited to reset the CSM. I now have a 1x per 3 second blink on the control board. I am going to try to run another smaller load tonight and see if it works or if it fails again.

-Zach

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's your service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7/view?usp=sharing

Usually a faulty heating element can also cause the CSM to trip.

Here's another thread about this issue:
--->Yes, it says to unplug heater line and neutral connector, and repeat test(RESET THE CSM) and see if you still get 7 flashing lights on the control board, if not, then we found the problem is the heater itself.

Here's the heating element for your model:
Heating Element WD05X24776

Page 46, do this flowchart:
Screenshot 2022-06-02 13.55.08.png

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.