• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher GDT695SSJ5SS no start, service LED blinks rapidly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring6

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT695SSJ5SS
Brand
GE
Hello,

My J5 model service led is blinking rapidly and the entire dishwasher is non-responsive. No lights on the top buttons, interacting with buttons does nothing.
Symptoms before it became non-responsive were:
--we'd hear a 'random' single beep once in a great while, maybe a few times a day
--at some point we noticed it was unresponsive; Cycled breaker power off for a bit then back on, restored function
---until it didn't and now it's always unresponsive with rapid blink service light. (so fast can't count and there is no gap/break in blinking)

Another post for a J0 model has a service manual link, that one indicates 7x per second is a main control board issue.
I did replace the main control board, but no change, still have rapid blink on service led and dishwasher still unresponsive.

I couldn't find a specific J5 service manual. My main control board is a rectangle, not the not the kind that has the narrow part on one side.

So what's next? Is there a link to a J5 service manual somewhere? Is it the UI board or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, when it does random beeps when the dishwasher is not in use and no one is around it, the problem is always the UI Board. The new UI Board will also fix the non-responsive issue as well.:)

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the instructions to replace the UI Board below. Disconnect power to the dishwasher before you begin.

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.