FIXED GE dishwasher GLD4260L00SS: Lights blinking

tomtom

Premium Member
Model Number
GLD4260L00SS
Brand
GE
Hello,

I have a GE dishwasher GLD4260L00SS and I think after a power outage (not sure anymore...), 3 lights are continuously blinking: heavy wash + hot wash + hot start (I think I had start/reset + hot wash + hot start blinking before... it may have changed??). I disconnected for days then reconnected it, but still have the same issue. The blinking does not change no matter what I do or push. When I close the door, the dishwasher is making some noise, nothing else happens, except the lights keep blinking. Anybody has any idea what the problem could be?

Thank you!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Check the door switchs as a good place to start...failing that the control would be a likely suspect...

Main-Control-Board-WD21X10247-01040907.jpg Kit-main & tactile board

jeff.

tomtom

Premium Member
Hello Jeff,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I have been so busy with other things that I could not follow up with the thread. If I buy the board kit at the link you provided, and if it does not fix my problem, may I return the kit for a refund? Thanks!

jeff1

Staff member
and if it does not fix my problem, may I return the kit for a refund?
Yes :)

jeff.

tomtom

Premium Member
Jeff,

I just received the parts. Installed them, but now I have the Clean light blinking instead of all the other ones. Pushing any other buttons does not do anything. Do you have any idea? :(

tomtom

Premium Member
After looking on the web... I found that the resistance plug (selector plug) from the old board (location @ CN4) must be connected back on the new board. Now.. my dishwasher is working again!!! awesome! The instructions that came with the board kit somehow mentioned the selector plug, but was not clear as what it is exactly. I think the instructions sheet should be updated to be more precise (e.g. location CN4 on the board) and circle the selector plug and you may get fewer returns for the board kit for this dishwasher. Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think you've just solved the mystery to replacing the tactile board, I've been suggesting the tactile board to others as well when they have your same issue, but either they say it still didn't fix it, or I get no reply back at all if it did fix it.

Thanks Jeff for helping him, and thanks Tom for pointing that out, I will make this thread a sticky!

Jake

jeff1

Staff member
Thankx for the update :)

jeff.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you are now having fewer returns for the boards... I should receive a discount ;)
LOL, Good point.:) But I have no way to track who returns what part, but if we get others that come here and say that solved it, I will definitely give you a 30% discount out of my own pocket.:)

Jake

nannasue

Tomtom,
Thank you so much!!! We repaired our dishwasher thanks to your post!!! We were going to buy a new dishwasher tomorrow, but now we don't have to. My husband is OCD and he does some repair and it was driving him crazy because he knew it had to be something simple!! He had replaced the two boards and still just the blinking light, he even compared the old board and the new board, and saw the difference but thought it was just an "improvement" on the new board. There does need to be a note on the installation guide about that. Thanks again!! Jake, i guess you might be "coughing up" that 30 percent. LOL

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, good job on yours too.:)

Jake

ekram

What tool is need to remove the board. It looks like it may require an Allen wrench but It is hard to tell.