• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher Main Control Board Faulty Onboard Component

Bub

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF620HMJ2ES
Brand
GE
Many people appear to be having the same common problem with their GE dishwasher. When they push the Start button, the dishwasher doesn't start and the Start button emits 3 beeps and its LED starts flashing, falsely indicating that the door is not closed. In some cases, the problem may be due to a faulty door latch switch or its associated harness, but it appears that in the majority of cases the problem is associated with a faulty main control board. People replace the main control board and the problem goes away. Does anyone know what component actually fails on the board itself to cause the false open door problem? Has anyone repaired the original board to fix the problem, instead of replacing it with a new one?

iFixExpress

Premium Member
I have 3 boards on my table now, 2 was removed from client's dishwashers and one brand new. There are mystery with them: both board had the same problem with door and was replaced to new that solved the problem. But now both boards are working good and recognize the door open and close state! I did nothing yet...

I'm leaving the board in stand-by mode on my table to see, may be overnight it will stop to recognize the door switch again...

I have traced wires from door switch to CPU: it has two resistors and one capacitor on the way from door switch to CPU pins for each wire (there are 2 wires coming from switch to CPU) and I think it could be either capacitor short (but now it is good) or CPU itself. But as I said it is working now and I can't diagnose the problem...

GE DW control board.jpg

krull

Premium Member
iFixExpress did you ever determine what the bad piece is? I have a unit (DDT595SMJ0ES, so different model but still curious) just over 5 years old that seems to have the control board issue and I'd like to avoid replacing the whole board if I can fix a single component on the board.

Attachments

• DDT595SMJ0ES_control_board.jpg
    DDT595SMJ0ES_control_board.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 26
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.