GE Dishwasher Model DDT595SMJ2ES door open error when door is closed

skiter29

Premium Member
Model Number
DDT595SMJ2ES
Brand
GE
I Got a GE Dishwasher Model DDT595SMJ2ES when you close the door and press the start button you get 3 beeps that indicates that the
door is open even though it is closed a few months back the customer order a door latch put it in themselves and that didn't help i went out there

I checked the wiring harness it looked fine reattached everything and it started to work now its doing the same thing now i cant find anything wrong
the control board underneath there is no blinking LED and there is no solid LED could it be this board im out of options

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
While the machine is in standby mode, press and hold the Cycle Select and Start pads simultaneously for 5 seconds.

The control will report the door status for 10 seconds. LEDs solid=door closed. LEDs blinking=door open.

If the door is closed and the LEDs are blinking, check the door latch and switch for continuity. Remove power first. On the control board connector J711 pin 3 to pin 5= closed. J711 pin 3 to pin 4=closed

I Got a GE Dishwasher Model DDT595SMJ2ES when you close the door and press the start button you get 3 beeps that indicates that the
door is open even though it is closed a few months back the customer order a door latch put it in themselves and that didn't help i went out there

I checked the wiring harness it looked fine reattached everything and it started to work now its doing the same thing now i cant find anything wrong
the control board underneath there is no blinking LED and there is no solid LED could it be this board im out of options
I am having almost identical problems with mine, and have seen many other post similar. Seems a common issue with GE dishwashers.