• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher Model GDF570SGJ0WW WILL NOT START CYCLE

Rudy V

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF570SGJ0WW
Brand
GE
I have tested the flood switch for continuity as well as the door latch switch. They both open and close. I tested with an ohm meter with both switches disconnected from their harnesses. When the door is closed I get green LEDs for "Heated Dry" and "Auto Sense", but once I push the start button the green LED comes on for a few seconds then starts flashing along with three audible beeps. This continues until I hold the start button in for three seconds to cancel wash. The start LED goes out once I cancel the wash. After a few minutes the "Auto-sense" and "Heated Dry" LEDs go out. If I open and close the door the lights all remain off until I press the "Start" button, then the three LEDS come back on, however, the same thing happens again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Is the STATUS LED on the machine control board, which is located underneath the dishwasher, Flashing a pattern or STEADY ON or STEADY OFF?

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

Rudy V

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I got the control board somewhat visible. It took a little more than two screws and it really doesn't pull out and down for me, but, I can see the circuit board and the electronic components. I couldn't really see the status LED and I thought once I plug the unit back in I would see it illuminated. However, after plugging it in there is no visible LED illuminated on the circuit board. The "Heated Dry" LED and "Auto Sens" LED on the front panel are illuminated, the"Start" LED is flashing, and I am getting the three chirps from the audible alarm every minute or so.

Rudy V

Premium Member
Jake,

In addition to my response to you above, while I was getting to the lower circuit board I found some literature in the frame of the dishwasher. In this paper there was a procedure for an Error Mode check. After holding in the "Start" and "Cycle Select" buttons in simultaneously for five seconds, all the LEDs on the front panel were flashing. According to the paper this indicates that the door is being detected as open. So, since I tested the actual latch switch and it does open and close, I can only assume it's the control panel. If this is correct, which control panel? the one I looked at today on the bottom of the unit, or, could it be the one inside the door?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I got the control board somewhat visible. It took a little more than two screws and it really doesn't pull out and down for me, but, I can see the circuit board and the electronic components. I couldn't really see the status LED and I thought once I plug the unit back in I would see it illuminated. However, after plugging it in there is no visible LED illuminated on the circuit board.
That indicates its STEADY OFF, so you'd need the machine control board underneath the dishwasher: WD21X24901 Machine Control

This video below gives you the general idea of how to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Rudy V

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

You may have figured it out from my first response to you that I removed the whole tray that houses the control board. So I was replacing what I removed and was going to order the new control board. After reinstalling the control board housing (as well as the defective control board) I decided to test to make sure I was at least where I was prior to removing all of it. To my surprise the dishwasher is now running. I imagine something reset itself. I realize that I will undoubtedly experience the failure again, but when, that is up in the air. If this information changes your evaluation of the situation any, please let me know. If the problem happens again, I will purchase a new control board. Thank you for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, this has happened to many people, make sure your getting 120 volts to the machine control board and the wire nuts are tight.

You can get a multimeter and set it on AC Volts and take a reading where the main power comes into the board. If you already did that, then wiggle the wire nuts and see if the meter stays STEADY at 120 Volts AC.

See it on the right side of this photo below? Coming off the two yellow wire nuts, I circled it in red.:)

J722red.jpeg

Jake

Rudy V

Premium Member
Since it's all back together now I will wait until that, or any other, problem arises. I will include a voltage test and checking of the wire nuts. Thank you again for your help and guidance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.