• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher model GDT655SSJ0SS machine control no light

Sfagula

Premium Member
Model Number
GDT655SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE Dishwasher model number GDT655SSJ0SS. It has the issue of not starting because it thinks the door is open. When I go to check the machine control board, there is no flashing light. No light whatsoever. What does this mean?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

If the STATUS LED is STEADY OFF, then the problem is the machine control board itself.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model you can order: WD21X24901 Machine Control

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome!

Jake

Gmcsmith

Jake,

I’ve read all of your posts on this topic and everything would indicate a UI issue. I have a steady on green light in the control board with a dishwasher that powers on for a week or two, works great, then goes dead again (only to reawaken from its hibernation after a random number of days).

I replaced the UI about a month ago (purchased from Amazon…GE store) but there were no jumpers included, so I assumed it was specific to my model. It didn’t work initially, but fired up about five minutes after installation and worked fine until the intermittent power issue returned (also beeps randomly throughout the day when powered on).

If the replacement board doesn’t come with jumpers, what do you do? Can I buy the jumpers elsewhere? Truthfully, I don’t even think the pins were on the board.

Also, my control board has no jumpers it it sounds like that’s not an issue.

Greg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Greg,

Do you have the same exact model number GDT655SSJ0SS ?

If so, then it does come with jumpers, You can see the instruction that comes with it here at RepairClinic:
Contact that place you got it from and tell them to seed you another new one.

Jake