• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher PDP715SYN0FS stops mid-cycle with blank and unresponsive control panel

JBFL

Model Number
PDP715SYN0FS
Brand
GE
My GE PDP715SYN0FS dishwasher is just under 2 years old. Recently, it has been stopping mid-cycle with the control panel blank and unresponsive. I have always been able to open/close the door a bunch of times and try other magic to get it to start working again.

Now, it stops mid-cycle and the control panel stays blank even after touching any of the buttons. If you let it sit there for a while, the control panel will come back to life with blinking "washing" and blinking start button. I can start it back up again and it will eventually hang again. I can also hold the start button down and it empties the pan and resets fine.

The amount of time it runs before stopping varies. I shut off the breaker for about thirty minutes and it seemed to run longer but still stopped in the middle of the cycle. I never see any error codes. Just a blank screen.

I am having a hard time finding good troubleshooting documentation online. Any thoughts on what this may be? I love how these "high tech" appliances kick the bucket after less than 2 years.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I have not worked on this model as of yet, so the only thing I can do is refer you to this post with the tech. data sheet in it:

Service LED on Main Control
--->The new main control has a steady flash pattern on the service LED and only indicates the dishwasher has power and DC voltage is being produced by the control.

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet for your model below.

Get into the ERROR MODE then do--->Door Status Check
then do--->Error Code Display Mode

Then do SERVICE MODE

Jake