• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher PDT715SMN0ES Starts Cycle but stops after 2 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaasbando10

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT715SMN0ES
Brand
GE
GE PDT715SMN0ES. I have tried running one hour wash, autosense, light, normal, and heavy cycles. All cycles start then you can hear the dishwasher initiate draining and then the cycle stops and the cycle timer restarts. You cannot hear any water entering the machine. There is no water in the basin only the sump pump area under the filters. If you add water, it drains that water as well and then stops. I removed and checked the water inlet valve for cracks or debris- looks fine. I also cleaned out the fine and ultra-fine filters- same results. I initiated the diagnostic mode and water does fill into the machine, the drain pump works, and the circulating pump works. Should I try replacing the inlet-valve even though it looks clean and water runs during diagnostics?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, It sounds like the machine control board is bad.

Should I try replacing the inlet-valve even though it looks clean and water runs during diagnostics?
No, since the water inlet valve is letting water flow through in diagnostic mode, then its good.

Here's the machine control board for your model:

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Do this first and let us know the results:
Screenshot 2021-04-30 11.56.18.png

Jake

Attachments

• 31-4000206 GE Dishwasher Mini Manual.pdf
    834.3 KB · Views: 43

phaasbando10

Premium Member
After testing- Error Mode= No errors. Service Mode= 1- Pass; 2- Initial water sound then nothing, no water in basin. Ran again after completing other tests- no sound, no water. 3- Pass; 4- First minute heater engaged in 7 second intervals, then engaged and remained on for the final minute of the test; 5- Pass; 6- Pass; 7- Pass. 8- I also have an 8th selection (?)

So... Faulty water inlet valve? Second question- What is the expected heater function? Our dishes never dry well but are hot. Did the test return a normal result?

phaasbando10

Premium Member
I should mention we did have to replace the inlet valve before due to debri in the water supply (old supply line that sat unused for many years). We ran out the line through a garden hose until clear (plus some), and replaced the valve. Things have worked well until recently when the dishes were no longer getting as clean then it stopped altogether. There is no visible debris in the valve? How much does it take? Will this continue to be an issue?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need a multimeter to check for 13.5 DC Volts at the water inlet valve electrical connectors in TEST 2.

If you DO NOT get 13.5 DC Volts FOR 1 minute at the water inlet valve in TEST 2, then the machine control board is bad.

Jake

phaasbando10

Premium Member
Ran multimeter to inlet valve connector during test 2. Only 12v for 1 minute. Tried to run the test again to confirm. The test will no longer run. All other tests will run.

So... control board? When double checking my model number in the compatibility box of the part link you provided, it says "sorry this part is not compatible".

phaasbando10

Premium Member
Ran multimeter to inlet valve connector during test 2. Only 12v for 1 minute. Tried to run the test again to confirm. The test will no longer run. All other tests will run.

So... control board? When double checking my model number in the compatibility box of the part link you provided, it says "sorry this part is not compatible".
Exited test mode then ran test again. Tested at alternating between 12 and 13v. C

phaasbando10

Premium Member
Ran multimeter to inlet valve connector during test 2. Only 12v for 1 minute. Tried to run the test again to confirm. The test will no longer run. All other tests will run. So... control board? When checking my model number in the compatibility box of the link you provided, it says

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, bad control board.

That control board I posted in post #2 is for model, I just double checked.:)

That compatibility box is not always up to date.

Jake

phaasbando10

Premium Member
Thanks for all your help. We've only had the unit for a little over a year, so it's disappointing the control board is bad. Was hoping for the same cheap problem we already encountered rather than the new more expensive one. Will order the board and update after installation.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We've only had the unit for a little over a year, so it's disappointing the control board is bad.
I completely understand, GE appliances is no longer a USA company since they got bought out by a Chinese company named Haier in 2016.

As you can see in all our GE appliance FORUMS since 2016 there has been nothing but problems with all GE's. I wish I had the power to have folks ask me which dishwasher is the most reliable before they go dishwasher shopping.:)

Jake

phaasbando10

Premium Member
Got the control board today, installed it, and everything seems to be working. Jake from state farm has nothing on you. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.