• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher PDT750SSF0SS not filling

Manjit

Model Number
PDT750SSF0SS
Brand
GE
My GE Profile dishwasher PDT750SSF0SS stopped working. There was no water in the dishwasher. When I filled it manually and ran it, it ran OK. Through the good posts on this forum I learnt that the problem could be the float switch or the water inlet valve being faulty and requiring replacement. I thought that if the float switch was stuck in the filled position then that would inhibit the valve from opening and the water from coming in, as the brains of the machine would think there was already sufficient water in the machine. So I decided to test that theory.

I removed the float switch and noticed a lot of dirt in the switch. Even though there is another filter sitting on top of the float switch over the years and with heavy use with four grown kids in the house (the dishwasher has to be put on at least once a day), food particles had got through and clogged the switch casing. I cleaned the switch out (carefully), put it back and the dishwasher is working fine.
I wonder how many times the switch ends up being replaced when it just needs to be cleaned.
Thank you for all the good posts and responses the good folks on this site post.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know about cleaning the flood(float) switch on yours fixed it, I've mentioned cleaning the flood switch several times in other threads before replacing it too.:)

Here's the flood switch:
WD21X10519 Flood Switch Assembly

There is a HOW TO video in the flood switch part link.

Jake