• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Dishwasher PDT750SSF1SS Fills but won't circulate water

jr4452

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT750SSF1SS
Brand
GE
Hello,
Our GE Dishwasher suddenly quit moving water. It fills and will drain but does not circulate/spray water during the wash cycle. I was able to go through the Service Mode and cycle the water inlet, and drain pump but it would not run the circulation pump. It makes noise but doesn't actually move water.
My question is, does this mean the circulation pump has gone bad? Could it be a control board issue?

Thanks for any help!
John

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
jr4452 said:
It makes noise but doesn't actually move water. My question is, does this mean the circulation pump has gone bad?

Sometimes foreign objects can get into the pump and jam them up. It should be inspected for mechanical jams.

If that's not it, the pump may be defective and need to be replaced.

LINK > PDT750SSF1SS Wash Pump Asm

jr4452 said:
Could it be a control board issue?

If the motor is getting power, I would assume the control is doing its job.

JMO

Dan O.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, first check for a foreign object in it like Dan mentioned.

If nothing is found in it, try to turn the impeller in it and see if its frozen up, if not read below.

Here's the service manual--->https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fefp5_Ibg86DtJhjwzL5kPqGBSicyP1v/view?usp=sharing

Page 77 says:
Screenshot 2022-08-09 14.11.40.png

jr4452

Premium Member
Thanks guys, I'll pull it out and take the pump out of it and see if that's it. Can't get to it until Thursday, so I'll let you know when I get it apart.
Thanks!

jr4452

Premium Member
Fixed!
It was the pump! I pulled it apart and the pump shaft was wobbling around allowing the blade on the end of the shaft to cut into the inlet tube. Pretty much seizing it up.
I was able to get the pump from a local appliance dealer over night at a fair price and it's running better than it has in a long time.

Thanks again!
JR

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent JR, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.