• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher PDT825SSJ0SS Thermistor Error

BethS

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT825SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
Thanks to this blog I have been able to troubleshoot fairly far but need help with next steps:

Symptom: Dishwasher randomly beeps (noticeable handful of times each day) and eventually just died. Tried replacing the main control board and dishwasher worked for a few weeks before eventually dying again. After being unplugged and powered off for a couple of weeks, flipping the circuit breaker and plugging it back in, it suddenly came back to life, however, the beeping is still present. I imagine it too will die here shortly.

When entering consumer error mode, the LEDs flash at 1 Hz (1 flash per second), the display says 815 and the Wash-Boost & Lock LEDs are lit. Which I gather means " Thermistor Error - Control detecting short or open circuit at thermistor."

What are my next steps? Where is the thermistor located and is it easily replaceable?

Thank you for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Whenever these GE dishwashers do random wakeups and beeps on its own, when the dishwasher is not in use and no one is near it, then problem is always the UI Board.

The UI(User Interface) Board is the board at the top of the dishwasher door where you press the buttons and set the settings and start the machine.:)

This is the UI Board for your model you can order:

The thermistor is integrated in the Turbidity sensor:

Here's the video that shows you where its located and how to to remove it and replace it.

Jake

BethS

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Jake! I figured it was probably the UI board. Do you think my best course is to swap that out before tackling the turbidity sensor? Seems even if that’s gone bad, it’ll just default to the bounding setting (and still work)?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you think my best course is to swap that out before tackling the turbidity sensor?
Yes, exactly, because the UI Board may be shorting out and causing that to be a FALSE ERROR CODE.

Jake