• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher: PDT825SSJ5SS (2019) wont start has no power no lights

azfraz

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT825SSJ5SS
Brand
GE
Hi,

My GE Dishwasher: PDT825SSJ5SS (2019) wont start and has no power. Certified technician came and diagnosed with bad control board. Swapped the control board. Dishwasher was fine for next 5 days. Day#6 issue has returned, no power, dead dishwasher.

Have it running through a surge protector.

Can anyone help me understand why the issue would return so quickly and what could cause it to do so?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is this the machine control board the tech replaced:

Or this one:

What part number is on your receipt?

At any rate you will need to have the tech. come back and see what's going on, these newer GE dishwashers are very difficult to troubleshoot, as their service manual is very vague.

Jake

azfraz

Premium Member
I dont have the answer handy as i'm not near the receipt. The technician is scheduled to return back for service. Still would like to know, what would cause the same issue to return so soon? And, would like to know what is the correct MC board from the above two shared?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Still would like to know, what would cause the same issue to return so soon? And, would like to know what is the correct MC board from the above two shared?
Usually when the dishwasher does great after the machine control board is replaced, then starts acting up again after 5 days, the problem problem is usually a defective machine control board.

Every appliance parts website list this one as the machine control board:

Only GE's website lists this one as the machine control board:

Jake

azfraz

Premium Member
Jake , the tech put in part number WD21X24902. Not sure if that is even correct.
Apparently he just reset the surge protector and it worked. I'm not buying it because I did that myself along with all relative breakers and fuses like a dozen times as I was losing sleep over it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
the tech put in part number WD21X24902. Not sure if that is even correct.
WD21X24902 is not correct, the only 2 machine control boards that your model uses I posted in post number #2 above.

Was he/she a authorized GE tech from GE itself? if not contact GE and have a authorized GE tech come out at 1-800-432-2737.

Authorized GE techs have special diagnostics laptop's that plug into the machine control board underneath the dishwasher.

Jake