• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

thomasfidy

Model Number
E190094
Brand
Hotpoint
Hi All,

My dishwasher stopped working, and I am going through the troubleshooting process, for the first time – my wife is deathly scared that we'll have to start washing dishes by hand.

I took apart the control panel and tested both switches with my Fluke multimeter, and they both tested ok for continuity when the switches are closed. I am not sure a) how to test the timer motor or b) where to find the part to replace it if it is bad. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I've attached an image of the back and front panel, so you can see what model/type of dishwasher it is, and I also have attached a photo of the actual motor. When I go across the two leads on the motor I get a reading of 2.948 k ohms.

The model for the motor is a GE E190094 ( as can be seen in the photo)

Attachments

• Dishwaher Control Panel Back.jpg
    Dishwaher Control Panel Back.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Dishwaher Control Panel Front.jpg
    Dishwaher Control Panel Front.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Dishwaher Timer Motor.jpg
    Dishwaher Timer Motor.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 139

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Let's start with the model number of your dishwasher, without the model number we are dead in the water. The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame.

What do you mean the dishwasher stopped working? No matter where you set the timer nothing works? No sounds from any parts inside the machine?

Did you check for 120 volts at the door switch?

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.