• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dishwasher UI Board Replacement - GDF610PGJ2WW

jhp8

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF610PGJ2WW
Brand
GE
Hello,

A few days ago, my dishwasher would not turn on with no lights on the dishwasher. I found several of the posts on how to troubleshoot it:

1) Located dishwasher main control board and got a solid green light
2) Used multimeter to verify I was get 14V
3) Ordered and replaced UI board (WD21X23462)

After replacing the UI board, I see some lights; including the cycle lights. It lets me select the cycle type (Heavy, Normal, etc.). It doesn't let me select 'Start'.

Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Did you set the personality jumpers before you installed the new UI Board?

The new UI Board ALWAYS comes with instructions that tell you how to set the personality jumpers. If you didn't set the jumpers before you installed the new UI Board, you will have to do that now, or it will not work at all.

The original UI Board that comes in your dishwasher from the factory, does NOT have jumpers, but the new UI Board ALWAYS comes with jumpers and the instruction sheet to show you how to set the jumpers on your model.

See the instruction sheet and jumpers in this photo:
dishwasher 05.jpg

Jake

jhp8

Premium Member
Thank you for the reply. I thought I had set the jumpers correct, but reviewed the instructions again and can see I did not. I went back and reset the jumpers. It was a step in the right direction, but it still will not start. Previously, the digital display was not working; it is now. In fact, everything works expect for actually getting the cycle to start. I was about to hold down cycle/start for a few seconds and that worked.

Here is a picture of the UI board.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Jimmy
image1 (3).jpeg

Attachments

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 18

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That looks correct Jimmy.

jumpers14.jpg

Disconnect power to your dishwasher for about 5 minutes, then turn the power back on and try to start a cycle.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.