• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dryer DCVH515EF0WW won't start (lint filter light blinks)

Upstater

Premium Member
Model Number
DCVH515EF0WW
Brand
GE
Not really sure how old the unit is but the Serial number is LL818627A and has operated flawlessly until recent. Been acting up for a few weeks. At first I cleaned out the lint duct work and installed a new flex exhaust pipe. Didn't notice any collections of lint at that time but the dryer began working. Again today it just stopped during the drying cycle with 23 minutes displayed. Immediately after it shuts down and with power on the "clean lint filter" lights blinks until I hit the start button at which time the "drying" light comes on but won't start (can hear relays clicking). Let it set for a few minutes and more often than not it will start but may shut down after a few minutes or longer on some occasions.

Update: May just be me...but it seems that when I am drying heavier items like blue jeans and sweat pants it acts up more?

Update 2: If I put it in the "Timed Dryer" mode dryer starts up and works. (Sorry that only worked once after the dryer set for a while.)

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Upstater

Premium Member
Thanks Jake..I'll order one and hopefully have it fixed before my wife returns from visiting our daughter down in Georgia. Never had the unit apart...but I'll give it a go.

Last edited:

Upstater

Premium Member
Just reviewed the manual and if I'm doing this correctly got code E00 (No Errors) and E60 (Door switch malfunction). If the door switch is the culprit I could just simulate the open or closed circuit temporarily?

On second thought I just tried it with the door closed and when the "start" button is hit, I hear that relay clicking sound. With the door open there is no clicking sound when the start button is hit.... looking at the door switch schematic it appears the door switch is actually functioning properly. I'll pick up a main board.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, your door switch is fine. If the door switch was bad it would never come on at all period.:)

Its the main control board, seen this many times on my service calls.:)

Keep us posted.

Jake