• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dryer (DRSR483GG2CC) Backsplash Assembly Replacement

lqqk_out

Premium Member
Model Number
DRSR483GG2CC
Brand
GE
Hello,
While working on a GE Dryer (Model Number: DRSR483GG2CC) I noticed that when I turned the fabric care dial, the knob didn't turn properly. Upon further inspection, I discovered the plastic tabs that hold the rotary switch to the display panel have snapped. My guess is that over time the heat causes the plastic to get brittle and break. Anyways, my first thought was to replace the plastic display panel. Looking online, the price seems to be over $200! Is that correct? This plastic panel is over $200 to replace (Part Number: WE19M1512)
Any other suggestions?
I'm not paying $200+ to replace a simple plastic panel. Worst case scenario, I'll just use some JB Weld and glue the switch to the plastic panel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, looks like its over $200, prices have increased quite a bit since covid for appliance parts and appliances themselves. When this covid delta varient starts to go away, we will get back to normal prices.

Here is that backsplash:

Jake

lqqk_out

Premium Member
It's just a piece of plastic. Not sure why they call it an assembly if it doesn't include any of the switches. Even if it included all the switches, it would still be over priced.