GE Dryer ( DSXH43EF0WW ) control panel lights blink 6 times and shuts off after 15 seconds.

rkgrp

Premium Member
Model Number
DSXH43EF0WW
Brand
GE
Hello,

The control panel lights on our dryer started blinking all of a sudden these past 2 weeks. We previously haven't had any problems with this dryer. The heat would turn on and the dryer would run for about 10-15 seconds and then it turns off and the lights start to blink again. I checked the error code and saw that the control panel lights blink 6 times while the start button light blinked 8 times. So an error code: 68. On the manual it said that this could be due to a stuck button on the control panel so we tried to remove the control panel to see whether any of the buttons were stuck, When we opened the top of the dryer, we saw that one of the red wires leading into the control panel was burnt and weren't sure whether this could be the reason why the lights were blinking.

I just wanted to get an expert opinion on this before moving forward. I have also attached an image of the burned wire.

Thanks
1564680903500.png

1564680988839.png

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see it, all you need to do is cut and splice that bad section of wire and direct wire it back together without that connector. Just make sure you match the wires up to the same wires without the connector. I use wire nuts when I do it. The larger Yellow or Red wire nuts should it, you can get them at any hardware store.

You'll also need a wire stripping tool as well.

Usually a 1/2"-3/4" splice of the wire insulation is perfect for the wire nut connections.

This is the wire stripping tool I use:

Jake