• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Dryer End of Cycle Alarm Not Loud Enough

wheresduke

Model Number
GTD65EBSJW
Brand
GE
OK, in the grand scheme of things this isn't a world-class problem but it bothers me. We just bought a GE washer/dryer set from Lowe's last week. My wife likes the features of both but we can't hear the dryer's end-of-cycle electronic alarm outside of the laundry room.

Pressing the VOLUME button on the dryer panel gives you three choices: barely audible, sorta audible and kinda audible.

I've read complaints about the volume in various reviews of the dryer but, like us, the users like the features enough to put up with it.

To me, though, all the features in the world don't matter if you can't get to the clothes in time once the dryer has stopped.

My wife has taken to setting other timers elsewhere in the house so that she has a rough idea of when to check. Surely someone has come up with a mod for this. Anybody?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

To me, though, all the features in the world don't matter if you can't get to the clothes in time once the dryer has stopped.
I couldn't agree more!

My wife has taken to setting other timers elsewhere in the house so that she has a rough idea of when to check. Surely someone has come up with a mod for this.
Unfortunately, no one has as of yet, that I'm aware of.

When my mom was alive, she did the exact same thing your wife does. I wish there was another solution, but there isn't, sorry.

Jake

LKirkland

My GE washer is only three years old and doesn’t even have a volume control. I, too, have had to rely on a separate timer. I didn’t even consider a volume control when I was in the market for a new machine. Live and learn...sigh. :)