• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Electric Range JBS07M1BB - Surface Element Compatibility

cmayo

Premium Member
Model Number
JBS07M1BB
Brand
GE
My 10-year-old GE electric range (JBS07M1BB) developed an issue where I have to wiggle/push some of the surface elements before they'll make connection with their sockets and heat up. One of the sockets (terminal blocks?) finally shorted out so I had a company come out and replace all four sockets, but the issue persists.

So now I'm thinking I'll replace the surface elements, but the connectors on some of the replacement parts I've found are different from the original connectors (see attached image). Where the original elements terminated in a pair of open circles that plugged into the socket, many of the replacement elements terminate in spade-type connections.

Can anyone tell me if the spade-type connections (marked "Replacement" in the attached image) are compatible with the original?

ge_range_element.png

Range: GE JBS07M1BB

8" Element Markings
5W8-226-E63331 Z LR18376
208/240v 1955/2600W
WB30K10018 G.E
Possible Match:

6" Element Markings
4W6-215-E63331 Z LR18376
208/240V 1130/1500W
WB30K10016 G.E.
Possible Match:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Those parts, if you buy them from that source, should be the factory suggested replacement parts and should work, yes. The exact design of the tips are not critical.

BTW. If the element is bad and causing the problem, the terminal blocks should be replaced at the same time. Using a bad element in a good socket can damage the socket. Using a good element in a damaged socket can damage the element. They should be replaced in pairs if there's any sign of heating or discoloration on the element contact tips.

LINK > Element Terminal Block Kit # WB17T10006

LINK > The surface element on my range will only work if I jiggle it. Can you tell me what's wrong?

JMO

Dan O.

cmayo

Premium Member
Those parts, if you buy them from that source, should be the factory suggested replacement parts and should work, yes. The exact design of the tips are not critical.
Dan O., thanks very much for your reply and for the links! The Appliance 411 Q&A was very informative.

As much as I hate to flush the $200+ I paid to have the sockets replaced a few months ago, it sure makes sense to get new ones with the burners, especially at $13/ea.

Thanks again, much appreciated!