FIXED GE Electric Slide In Range Model No. JSP46SP3SS Rear Right Burner Not Working and Light Stays On

Kay509

Premium Member
Model Number
JSP46SP3SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE electric slide in range model JSP46SP3SS and the rear right burner isn't working and the light indicator stays on forever. I've already replaced a new switch infinite control and range 6" radiant surface element and still hasn't solved the problem. Do I need to replaced the infinite warmer switch underneath the rear burner dial as well? Any suggestion to what I need to do or replace?? I've attached a photo for you to view with markings on it. Please help!! Thank You!

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The graphic indicates the dual element switch for the RF burner was replaced. Is that accurate?

I would have suggested the switch for the malfunctioning element would have been more likely to be responsible for your not heating symptom. That is the switch that sends power to that element.

LINK > JSP46SP3SS RR Element Switch WB24T10012

That switch also powers the indicator light when turned on. It's not uncommon for both functions to be affected by a switch failure.

Dan O.

Kay509

Premium Member
Hi Dan,
Yes that is correct. It’s the RF burner switch that was replaced. When I talked to the appliance parts store that’s what they told me to replace, then it was the element. But didn’t solve the problem so I figure I would give this forum a try before purchasing anymore parts to replace. Thanks I will order the switch beneath the dial for the RR which is the infinite warmer switch. I’ll let you know how it turns out when I receive the item next week.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
When I talked to the appliance parts store that’s what they told me to replace,
Maybe they got mixed up which switch was for which element? Were they aware that element was malcunctioning as well?

Kay509

Premium Member
Maybe they got mixed up which switch was for which element? Were they aware that element was malcunctioning as well?
Yes, I told them if I needed to replace the infinite warmer switch and they said no, only the switch dual infinite control. Anyhow, replaced the infinite warmer control and it worked!! Thanks! 😁