• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE Eterna QuietPower 2 Normal and Heated Dry lights flash drain pump keeps running

Jeffceo

Premium Member
Model Number
EDW5000L00BB
Brand
GE
5-6 year old GE Eterna QuietPower 2 dishwasher- the normal wash and heated dry lights flash and the drain pump runs. This started happening when we pressed the start button. I confirmed it is the drain pump by pouring some water into the tub. I shut the power off for a while and turned it back on with no change. The lights still flash and it tries to drain even with no water. I disassembled the float switch and it does not seem stuck or malfunctioning. Any ideas what it wrong? Tank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, usually when you see the buttons flashing like that its a control board issue on these GE models.

I couldn't locate a repair manual for this model.

Here's the control board for your model:
Manufacturer's Number: WD21X10247

We have a special program here, all parts you order from our links we post are returnable within 365 days for a FULL refund if they don't fix the problem.

Jake

Jeffceo

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you. You havent steered me wrong before. Is there any way to test my current board? Also is it worth repairing a 5-6 year old machine? Lastly I also have a vibration noise coming from inside the machine when the spray arms are operating but not always. It seems to be coming from the main sprayer between the two baskets as it makes a similar noise when I free spin it myself. Is there a washer kit or anything to fix this?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Attachments

• 31-9137GEDish.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,493

Jeffceo

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you. I cleaned out the filter screens, hopefully that will fix the noise issue. As far as the drain pump running and lights, I found out that someone may have pressed the reset button accidentally. I let it run for about two minutes and it stopped and went back to normal. Thanks again for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake