• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE French Door Refrigerator not cooling GFE28GMKDES

atem2144

Premium Member
Model Number
GFE28GMKDES
Brand
GE
Good Afternoon,

I have a GE french door refrigerator that is not cooling, the model number is GFE28GMKDES. The fan in the fresh food section and the fan in the freezer are not coming on, but the compressor is working and the condenser fan is working. I have already replaced the main control board part# WR55X37006 and it worked for a short time and then the same thing happened, fan in freezer and fresh food quit working, but compressor and condenser fan still working.

The main control board has a steady flashing green light on it which just flashes steady not a fast blink, so I assume no codes. The freezer is cool, but not freezing anything and the fridge is also cool, but not cold enough. I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in after a few minutes and still no fans coming on. Any ideas, faulty new control board? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Remove the back panel in the freezer, we need to see the frost pattern on the evaporator coil, take a photo of it please and upload it.

Look at the last photo below, where it says NORMAL FROST PATTERN.

Frost Patterns.jpg

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.