• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE Front Load Washer Sometimes Works Great, Sometimes It Doesn't.

Mellie

Premium Member
Model Number
WCVH6800J2WW
Brand
GE
Hi all,

I have a GE front load washer, model number WCVH6800J2WW that works fantastically when it wants to. It's quiet, timely and gets my clothes nice and clean.

Other times, I open the door when the cycle is finished and my clothe are still soaked. I have not switched cycles when this happens just so you know. I also suspect they aren't being washed properly when this happens. There is also no standing water left in the machine when this happens, just really wet clothes. Also when this happens, I noticed the timer doesn't work properly either. It will say it has 1 minute left in the cycle on the panel yet it does nothing. That "1 minute" just sits there like it's stuck in time.

Anyway, I thought maybe the sink was getting a bit backed up from time to time and the sensors on the machine were picking that up but that's not the case. Also, a friend of mine gave me this washer and she was having the same issues. It would work great and then every so many loads, it would act up.

I am at a loss so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

There should be a tech. data sheet in the bottom of your washer once you remove the bottom access panel.

First check for any error codes. Unplug the washer for at least 30 seconds. Re-apply power.Press: SIGNAL > DELAY START > SIGNAL > DELAY START When T01 comes up on the display, rotate the Cycle Select knob until T02 is displayed, then press Start.

The first Error Code will be displayed. If no error codes the display will show E00. Rotate the cycle select knob clockwise up to 10 clicks to view any additional error codes.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Mellie

Premium Member
Hi Jake and thanks for the response.

Well, I did what you suggested, unplugged the unit, waited more than 30 seconds, plugged it back in, powered it on, pressed signal, then delay start, then signal, then delay start,>>> but all that came up were the different delay times such as 1H, 2H, 10H and so forth. T01 never even came up on the display.

I'm not good at this, this is my first front loading washer so I know NOTHING about them. Also, what seems to be happening is not only does the unit not spin when it acts up, it doesn't really do much of anything. It fills up partially and then drains but that's it. It doesn't seem to agitate at all.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that service mode may not work on these newer washers, Try this: 1. Disconnect washer, 2. connect, 3. within 30 seconds of connecting press signal/cycle delay/signal/cycle delay. When T01 comes up on the display, rotate the Cycle Select knob until T02 is displayed, then press Start.

If you still get the same results, then its likely your control board that's bad.

GE WH12X10468 Control Board Asm - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake