• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE gas slide-in oven cooktop, PGS908SEP3SS Thermal Fuse

FoothillsStar

Premium Member
Model Number
PGS908SEP3SS
Brand
GE
GE Model PGS908SEP3SS Thermal Fuse - The control panel stopped working after the customer used the broiler for fifteen minutes straight. I figured it was the thermal fuse but I didn't figure on how difficult it was to get too! I couldn't find any tutorial on the best way to replace this fuse nor could I find a diagram showing its exact location, so here's a few pics of where I finally found it. I ended up loosening the entire cooktop and lifting it up just enough to get my hands in there to change it. This way I didn't have to disconnect all the surface burner gas lines. Anyone else face this and have a more ...efficient solution?

20211213_134852.jpg

20211213_134846.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job fixing it.(y)

That's about the only way to get access to the thermal fuse on these GE models.

Jake

FoothillsStar

Premium Member
The customer is now saying that the range is making a humming noise after pre-heat is reached and when they turn it off? ...ideas?
I'll be going out to see what's up soon.

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Possible problem with the cooling fan and maybe why the thermal open up.Yours has one cooling fan.
The cooling fans will not turn on immediately when a cooking function is set. THEY WILL TURN ON AFTER 12 MINUTES. The cooling fan comes on when the oven is on. If the temperature is over 300°F (149°C) and the oven is turned off, the fans will remain on until the temperature drops below 300°F (149°C). This is a general service manual but should be helpful. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sruoXZM7Q0yEJN9cpWu2vLGc9tF6da0g/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• 31-14857 GE PGS908SEP3SS Range Mini Manual.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 76

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks @bigbuck I was thinking the same thing too about that humming noise after pre-heat is reached @FoothillsStar posted.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.