• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GDF520PGJ2WW dishwasher no power

Ducatibrian

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF520PGJ2WW
Brand
GE
Hi I have a Ge dishwasher model GDF520PGJ2WW that has no power at the ui, I have power to the machine, the control board has a solid green light on and I have checked for 13.5v between the blk/grn and blu/yel #2 and #5 wires but I have 30v. I would like to know why this is and what it means. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That indicates the UI Board is bad. When you click link to the UI Board below, you will see a video of how to replace it.

--->Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model: WD21X23463 Kit Svc Ui Front Logic

"NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly".

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait your getting 30 volts DC? Its should be 13.5 to 14 volts DC.

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Here's the machine control board(under the dishwasher) for your model: WD21X24900C

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If your absolutely sure your getting 30 volts DC, then your machine control board is the problem.

Here's the machine control board(under the dishwasher) for your model: WD21X24900C

Jake

Ducatibrian

Premium Member
Yes I am absolutely sure. I was thinking the control board also, I have already replaced it once a few years ago. What’s a good dishwasher to buy these days, the one that came with the house lasted 20yrs, this one lasted 2 before it’s first breakdown. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
All of us techs here recommend Maytag, Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Amana, Jenn-Air for the best reliability and longevity.

Jake