• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE - GDF570SSJ2SS - No Power to Control Panel

Jwk4301

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF570SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
GE - GDF570SSJ2SS. Dishwasher is about 3 years old. A few months ago I noticed a small, seemingly irregular water leak. (I’ve now discovered that the leak appears to be coming from somewhere in the door panel itself, behind the outside cover). The unit then began to occasionally act like it has no power/no lights and the quick fix was to flip the breaker off for a few minutes and once power was reapplied the unit would function normally for a few days before going back to no power/no lights. The last time I tried just turning the breaker off and back on, the unit did not power on and would not function.

I accessed the Service LED on the Main Control Board and it was steady lit. After a short amount of research, I replaced the MCB and after that the unit powered on and functioned properly for one cycle. The unit did leak during this cycle and by the next day it had no power once again. I tried flipping the breaker and after a few times the Service LED finally went from steady to slow flash (1x per 3 seconds).

I have since removed the door and observed the leak to possibly be somewhere in the door between the panels. Does anyone have any ideas as to: #1 Where the leak in the door may be, or how to better determine the location? #2 With the MCB already having been replaced, what should my next step be, other than locating and repairing the leak?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• CA83092C-3095-45E6-B25B-300C5D457D7C.jpeg
    CA83092C-3095-45E6-B25B-300C5D457D7C.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 069A9F16-A5EE-4994-BAFE-20E0C411CAD9.jpeg
    069A9F16-A5EE-4994-BAFE-20E0C411CAD9.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 57

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the door parts diagram for your model: Parts for GE GDF570SSJ2SS: Escutcheon & Door Assembly Parts

The leak could be coming from either the door vent seal #816 or the detergent module #811. Check for water stains coming down from both of those parts.

Yes, if the machine control board senses a water leak it trips the CSM on it, its like a GFI outlet in a normal house.

Jake

Jwk4301

Premium Member
The leak was discovered at the door vent seal. I replaced the door vent seal and reassembled the door. The MBC was also previously replaced a couple weeks ago.

After putting everything back together, I seem to have the same malfunction symptoms as before. The dishwasher will occasionally and randomly beep or play a short burst of tones and the user control LED's will illuminate.

Before running a wash cycle, after about 24 hours of reassembling everything, the user controls seem to have no power and nothing will activate, once again. Would this indicate the UI board needs to be replaced?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The dishwasher will occasionally and randomly beep or play a short burst of tones and the user control LED's will illuminate.

Before running a wash cycle, after about 24 hours of reassembling everything, the user controls seem to have no power and nothing will activate, once again. Would this indicate the UI board needs to be replaced?
Yes, That indicates the UI Board is the culprit.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model:

When you click the UI Board part link you will see a video of how to replace it.

"NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly".

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.