• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED GE GDF620HMJ2ES Dishwasher not getting power

Leondreed

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF620HMJ2ES
Brand
GE
I have a GDF620HMJ2ES dishwasher that is not getting power. i verified breaker is not popped, nothing wrong with outlet or 12/2 extension cord, there is power at lower right junction, and the white plug that connects. No lights, beeps or anything. Looking to diagnose before calling repair. Dishwasher is 4 years old. I don’t want to buy a bunch of parts without knowing what to test. I did read how to disable latch switch and test. I have not done that yet.

thank you!

Leon

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
On the bottom right is the main control board. Check if the status LED is on, off, or blinking a pattern.
D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree with Rick!

Here's the video that shows you how to remove the cover to access the Service LED on it:

Here's the control board for your model:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have the door harness wire connector still connected to the control board when you dropped it down to view the SERVICE LED?

If not, connect it, then see if the SERVICE LED flashes.

Jake

Leondreed

Premium Member
Yes, all connections still in place.

i shut breaker off, removed 1/4” screws, dropped board, turned breaker back on. Solid green

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok good. If the SERVICE LED is still SOLID GREEN, then its likely a bad UI(User Interface).

Here's the UI(user interface) for your model: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

You can verify that will a multimeter. The UI operational voltage is output from the main control on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/black. If 13.5 Volts DC is NOT there, replace the main control.

If 13.5 Volts DC is there, replace the UI.

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

Jake

Leondreed

Premium Member
It did read 14 v, so it’s the UI. Any tips accessing it? Looks like I need to access inside the door? Thank you again.

Leon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Leon, then order the UI board I posted the link to in post #7.

I'm attaching the service manual for your model.

Yes, you have to remove the door, then separate the door, then remove the control panel.

All the steps to do all this is on Pages 26-29.

--->You also have to set the jumpers, the instructions to do that will come with the new UI board.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Attachments

• 31-9244 GE 2015 Plastic Tub Dishwasher Service Manual.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 324

Leondreed

Premium Member
Jake,

Repair went well thank you! The part was ordered the Monday after your last response. It shipped via fedex and then was handed off to usps...and never arrived until this past Thursday. Good thing I was away for 5 of those days! The attached instructions helped greatly. The upper control trim was the only challenging thing to remove. The part I replaced did not have jumpers and that concerned me at first, but I followed included jumper settings and it worked like a champ. The LED number display on replacement part is white, not green like OEM one, no big deal.

the lower trim has two screws, I have seemed to lost one..are these easy to replace?

thanks again..greatly appreciate it. This saved me at least a couple hundred dollars!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Leondreed

Premium Member
The lower black metal trim piece. It’s the last thing to go on...kick panel I guess it’s called.

screw labeled part 715, Scr 10-32 Gx Hxw 3/8 Hoping I can find something at local parts store..I will look later, thank you again!

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Look in the screw section of any of the home centers. Machine screw size 10-32, 3/8" long.

acoushawk

I literally just signed up so I could thank @Jake! I came across this post on a google search and it helped me narrow down the issue. Thanks so much for the info, made me look like a superhero to the wife :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @acoushawk glad to hear this thread helped you fix yours too. (y)

Thanks for letting us know!

Jake