• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

GE GDF650SGJ0WW Dishwasher Beeps 3 Times, Won't Start

Andrew265

Premium Member
Model Number
GDF650SGJ0WW
Brand
GE
As noted above, my dishwasher will not start. After closing the door and clicking "start", it simply beeps 3 times. This issue first occurred several months ago, and after reading a lot of similar issues on this forum, I went ahead and ordered a new control board. This fixed this issue... until a week ago. Since the control board is new, I ordered a new door latch. However, this still hasn't fixed it. As those were the two main solutions for most people, what else should I try to do?

I have pressed "Select Cycle" and "Start" for 10 seconds. Pressed "Heated Dry" and "Start" for five seconds. Determined if CSM is tripped (it's not). Replaced control board and door latch. Ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Andrew, Check your machine control board STATUS LED, Tell us how many times its flashing in a row, or if its STEADY ON or STEADY OFF.

--->Here's the machine control board for your model: WD21X24901 Machine Control

To view the STATUS LED, remove the lower access panel of your dishwasher. You DO NOT have remove the control board from its metal casing when you view the STATUS LED.

GE control 3.jpg

When you have that panel lowered down turn the breaker back ON to your dishwasher. When viewing it leave all the electrical connectors to it plugged in.

D-GE control board status led.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Steady ON: UI personality not set, communications lost between UI and MC.

For all models except GDF510J, the UI operational voltage is output from the main control board on connector J722 pin 2 Black/Green to pin 5 Yellow/Blue is 13.5 Volts DC.

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

If 13.5 Volts DC is present, replace the UI Board.

Here's the UI(user interface) Board for your model you can order: WD21X23462 Kit Svc Ui Top Logic

Here's the service manual instructions to replace the UI Board for your exact model below, in case you need it:

You will need to remove the whole door, then separate the door, then remove the front control console, to replace the UI Board.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M-G9W3HiaYnihdB5Cy-jfSPoVf8DZ7j7

Page 28 Door Removal
Page 30 Separate Door
Page 31 Front Control Console Removal
Page 32 UI Removal

NOTE--->When replacing UI control boards, the new UI Board MUST be configured as per the instructions included with the replacement. If the personality is not set by using the 4 jumpers, the buttons, LED’s or cycles will not function properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Andrew265

Premium Member
Jake, thanks for that information. Before I delve into that side of the troubleshooting, I wanted to let you know of one more thing. My dishwasher just started working again and recognized the door as closed. This has happened before, so it makes me think that perhaps a wire is not connected properly? Can you think of anything else that might cause the dishwasher to be sporadic like this?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Remove all the wire harness connections to the machine control board under the dishwasher, then reinstall them and see how it does.

Jake

Andrew265

Premium Member
Jake, I have not yet remove the connectors and reinstalled. Right before doing so, I am noticing the status LED is now just continuously flashing on and off. It is no longer steady on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then you possibly got a intermittent faulty machine control board, did you buy it at AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic?

If so, contact them and they will send you another one for free, as ALL parts FROM both companies come with a 365 day warranty.:)

If you do a forum search for--->Dishwasher Beeps 3 Times, Won't Start 99% of the threads marked FIXED was the NEW machine control board FIXED them.:)

Jake

Andrew265

Premium Member
Jake, I received a new machine control board and it still has not fixed the issue. After plugging it in initially, the status LED was solid green for a while and didn’t work, started working, and is now flashing constantly - same as last time.

Thanks again for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Andrew, you will need to contact GE come out at 1-800-432-2737 and see what's going on. Yours is doing very odd things I have not seen before.

Jake